September 17, 2020
If you’re missing teeth, you have several different options out there to replace them. But you obviously want the best choice for your smile. Dental implants are a preferred choice by both dentist and patients alike, but they are quite an investment. Are dental implants worth the cost? Read on to see what your dentist has to say about the benefits of dental implant and whether or not they are worth the investment.
What Are the Benefits of Dental Implants?
In order to decide whether or not the cost of dental implants in Middleburgh Heights is justified, you must first know the benefits of the restoration option. Here are just some of them:
- Prevents Bone Loss: Dental implants are the only tooth replacement option out there that replaces the root of the tooth. This help to maintain bone density that would otherwise be lost since the jawbone would not be stimulated from regular chewing.
- Longevity: Once you have your dental implants placed, they can last for several decades. A lot of the time, patients never have to worry about their missing teeth again. Dentures, on the other hand, need to be repaired and replaced periodically. Dental bridges only last between 5 and 15 years before they need to be replaced.
- Easy Maintenance: You take care of your dental implants just like you would with your natural teeth. This involves brushing and flossing at least once every day. Regular dental visits are also necessary in order to keep them in optimal shape.
- Chewing Power: There are no eating restrictions when you have dental implants because they
restore up to 90% of chewing power. With dentures, many patients have to refrain from some of their favorite foods.
- Comfortable: Dentures can be uncomfortable. As for dental implants, many patients forget they are even there because they feel just like real teeth!
Are Dental Implants Worth the Price?
When you are considering dental implants for tooth replacement, it is best to think of them as an investment. You can save a lot of money later on on other restorations that won’t last nearly as long and don’t offer the same benefits. Dentures and bridges will need to be replaced periodically while implants can last a lifetime with proper care. Many patients find that dental implants are worth the investment so they can have their smile back for many years to come.
If you’re interested in dental implants, ask your dentist if you’d make a good candidate for the procedure. Together, you can determine if it is the best option for you.
About the Author
At Advanced Dental Center, you have two skilled dentists providing quality care to their patients in Parma Heights, OH. Dr. Caroline Salib and Dr. Glenn Shtarkman both earned their DMD degrees from Case Western University’s School of Dental Medicine. For more information on dental implants or to schedule a consultation, visit their website or call (440) 885-5354.
No comments yet.
RSS feed for comments on this post.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.