April 30, 2020
COVID-19 has had a major impact on many businesses, including your dentist in Parma Heights. During the past few months, the team at Advanced Dental Center has had one question on their minds: how can we return to work while protecting our patients from the coronavirus? After weeks of intense research and training, we are proud to be back at work with new procedures in place to keep our patients safe. Our goal continues to be providing patients with excellent, comprehensive dental care in a comfortable environment. What follows are just some of the procedures we’ve implemented to help keep people safe when they come visit us.
1. Reduced Contact
We’re limiting the amount of contact between the staff and patients. This means:
- No more handshakes, hugs, or office tours
- Allowing patients to wait in their cars until their appointment time
- Maintaining proper social distancing by removing chairs in the waiting area and adding one way traffic signs throughout the office
- Providing teledentistry appointments for consultations and follow-ups that don’t require an in-person visit
2. Additional Hygiene Procedures
Prior to the pandemic, our team followed CDC recommended guidelines for keeping our practice and instruments clean. Now, we’ve gone above and beyond to prevent the spread of germs in our office. We’ve done this with new procedures like:
- Using a hospital grade hand sanitizing station prior to entering treatment areas
- Wearing single use protective coats, hats, and shoe coverings
- Thoroughly disinfecting operatories after each appointment
3. New Technology
Using the latest, most reliable technology to improve patient care has always been a part of the treatment approach at Advanced Dental Care. We’ve upgraded the safety of our processes by using:
- N95 masks and other personal protective equipment
- No touch temperature checks and pre-screenings for patients prior to treatment
- Advanced chair side suction to reduce the release of oral aerosols
- HEPA air filtration throughout the office along with additional air purifiers in each room
- Ultraviolet light boxes to kills germs on the surfaces of cell phones.
While our practice may look and feel a little different now, our focus on providing patients with excellent dental care has not changed. These procedures are just part of the 28 additional ones we’ve implemented to keep our patients safe. The fear of COVID-19 shouldn’t stand in the way of getting the dental care you deserve. When you return for your next visit, we’ll do everything we can to protect you from germs.
About the Author
Dr. Glenn Shtarkman attended dental school at Case Western University’s School of Dental Medicine. His goal since he started practicing dentistry 12 years ago has always been to help people achieve their best smiles while making their health the top priority. He and his team are constantly looking for ways to better protect patients during the coronavirus pandemic. If you’d like to know more about the procedures Dr. Shtarkman and his team have implemented before scheduling an appointment, you can reach them through their practice’s website or at 440-885-5354.
No comments yet.
RSS feed for comments on this post.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.